free website stats program cloudy headlight | Harley Davidson Forums

cloudy headlight

woody12

Account Removed
Hello: The headlight lens on my electra glide classic is cloudy with a blue-gray haze but the light blub still shines. Any suggestions for a remedy?:dknow

I have the same thing on/in my running lights, I will be interested to see if anyone knows a way to clean the inside.

What I have done is to take a few drops of dish detergent and water and remove the reflector. Put it in the hole where the bulb goes in and swish it around. Rinse it good and blow it dry with some low pressure air or put it out in the sun for a while to dry it out. When it's thoroughly dry, reinstall it. Looks like new again.

Its the simple things in life that work the best

:bigsmiley11::bigsmiley11::bigsmiley11:

Seal the outside of the lamp to make it airtight. Tap a hole and install a pressure fitting. Evacuate the chamber and then fill it with argon gas. Use an ultrasonic wand to remove the haze. Or, wipe it out with a soft cloth. :p

What I have done is to take a few drops of dish detergent and water and remove the reflector. Put it in the hole where the bulb goes in and swish it around. Rinse it good and blow it dry with some low pressure air or put it out in the sun for a while to dry it out. When it's thoroughly dry, reinstall it. Looks like new again.

Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa what no Pledge????? Holy Moely am flabbergasted..MY-o-My.... :p:D:s

Back