free website stats program Clothing made in the US | Harley Davidson Forums

Clothing made in the US

Interesting site. I looked through the list of manufacturers and saw Redwing. I have two pairs of RW, both made in china, so I clicked on RW and lo and behold, ONE product, a belt is USA made. I noticed Chippewa wasn't listed, I went to Chippewa's website and looked up my engineer boot, "handcrafted in the USA" is thier claim. HMMM, I went to the closet and pulled the Chippewas' out and looked inside,,, oh nooo MADE IN CHINA, I've been had!
I think I'll tag the made in the USA website for future reference.

A year or so ago, I was looking to replace my old RedWings & at the local store they had only boots made in China. I emailed customer service & asked for a list of USA made boots & got a pretty long list back. After checking between the list & their website I found a pair that looked good & went to the store & ordered. sometimes you gotta go the extra mile to get what you want.

Interesting site. I looked through the list of manufacturers and saw Redwing. I have two pairs of RW, both made in china, so I clicked on RW and lo and behold, ONE product, a belt is USA made. I noticed Chippewa wasn't listed, I went to Chippewa's website and looked up my engineer boot, "handcrafted in the USA" is thier claim. HMMM, I went to the closet and pulled the Chippewas' out and looked inside,,, oh nooo MADE IN CHINA, I've been had!
I think I'll tag the made in the USA website for future reference.

Well it could have been "assembled in the USA" but made with China materials :newsmile026: Kinda sad huh...

Last edited:
Some people have a preference to purchase stuff made in the USA. If you are wearing a running, cross training, or baseketball shoe (for non-riding activites), how many are wearing Nikes?

Most of these shoes are made overseas. New Balance still makes most of their shoes in the States. But just like Red Wing, you have to be carefully which models you buy. Some are made overseas.

It's interesting just how much time some folks spend looking for riding gear that's made in the U.S.. While the country of the other items they use or wear makes no difference to them.

Anyone using the "Made in Australia" or "Product of Australia" logo down here and it proves to be wrong or misleading is slapped with a fairly large fine. I'm sure a lot of companies get away with it though?

Just bookmarked the site. I know we live in a global economy and we all like to pay less for things we buy. But I just can't help but feel that we are eventually going to pay a high price for transferring all our manufacturing capacity to the Chinese.

Back