free website stats program Close Call | Harley Davidson Forums

Close Call

garlab1

had a close call today, sister and mom are visiting from michigan, took the day off to take sis for a ride up A1A, first time on a bike for her, the weather was great around 70, did a 3hr run and started to head home, came to a stop light to make a right turn, looked in my mirrors and noticed the old blue hair behind me looking the other way and comming up on me, I realized she was going to rearend me so I turned towards the curb to get out of the way, she hit my rear left rear tail light, knocked off the lens cover and broke the bulb, no other damage, I couldn't believe it! neither could my sister!

I always wathch my mirrors, and glad I do, if not, she would have pushed me into traffic and would have been really bad, I wanted to smack the old bird for not watching, she was really upset, I got a grip and calmed her down then offered her a ride on the bike, she didn't accept, all turned out well.

ALL THE MORE REASONS TO WATCH YOUR MIRRORS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I need to go to chruch this weekend for this one, the big guy must have been watching out for me

True Story. I got rear ended at a red light by a young girl who it turned out was on her way to the jail to visit her boyfriend who i had arrested two days before! This happened about 3 years ago. Turned out she had just found out she was pregnant by him and was upset and not paying attention to her driving. Luckily very minor damage to the turn signal on my ride!!!

Watch your six...I too was rear ended by an unattentive cager, I was lucky and always take precautions from pulling the handbrake twice before controlled braking and using the rear view when stopped. Assertive, not aggressive is answer, because when all is said and done between a 2 ton cage and an 800 lb motorcycle, the motorcycle even if in the right will always lose in an accident and there is no one to talk to the officer when you are being carted off to the hospital.

Been there myself with the close ones. I was sitting waiting on a car a few ahead of me to make a left turn, look in my mirrors and some kid, maybe 17 years old is flying....There was about 6-7 feet between me and the ground/curb, this kid goes between me and the curb, at most 18 inches between me and his car, my g/f was on the back with me. I was furious, I got beside the kid at the red light and told him he was lucky I didnt get off the bike and hit him. But, I kept my cool knowing it wasnt the right thing to do, but I made it clear he couldve easily killed me or her.

Glad everything worker out OK. A really good reason to keep checking your mirrors and to keep your bike in gear at a light..

Back