free website stats program Cleaning those chrome spokes, aaargh! | Harley Davidson Forums

Cleaning those chrome spokes, aaargh!

BikeSAG

OK, I agree cleaning the chrome wheels and spokes is a pain and time consuming, but..............any one have any knowledge or products that cleans the spokes :small3d031: that is easier than trying to ATTACK each one?

I tried to get my wife to do it but found it was cheaper to get some cast wheels.:D

Hope your fore free in OK.

I tried to get my wife to do it but found it was cheaper to get some cast wheels.:D

Hope your fore free in OK.
Yeah, the wife thing isn't going to happen.

Yes we are fire free. They were all east and north of us here in Mustang.

I got some stuff at the dollar store called "awesome". Spray it on and just wipe it off with a wet rag. It works great. Barely any scrubbing. The only thing is it leaves a residue that comes off with soap and water so I just wash it real quick with my wash mitt when I'm done. Works "awesome". I was amazed at the (EDIT) that came off with barely any scrubbing.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, I agree cleaning the chrome wheels and spokes is a pain and time consuming, but..............any one have any knowledge or products that cleans the spokes :small3d031: that is easier than trying to ATTACK each one?

I use a bristled brush that I purchased from Auto Zone. Its realatively quick.

They do make something called luster lace, it's like floss for spoke wheels, but you'll still have to do one at a time. :(

I have twisted stainless spokes and I bought a tapered soft brush (about 12" long)that works really well. Soap and water is all I ever use, but the stainless does not show the dirt like the old chrome ones did.

1 more reason I will not buy another bike with laced wheels:p I am TOO lazy to clean them, I would rather ride:p

One of the things I don't miss about previous bikes (lace wheels). They look sweet when clean, but hard keeping them sparkly. Easiest thing I did was elevate bike on lift, get bucket of soap/water, a few cold ones & go "one-by-one." Just par for the course, I guess...

Back