free website stats program Cleaning the black engine casing? | Harley Davidson Forums

Cleaning the black engine casing?

Cruiser4

I was wondering what other Harley riders used to clean the matt black parts of their engine casing (if applicable) without using soap and water, the water where i live has too much lime scale and makes twice the work trying to remove it from the chrome after. I also made the fatal mistake of accidentally wiping some chrome cleaner onto the black which now looks permanent?

What do you guys use?:help

Thanks guys, i'll try the S100. I have to say, i thought you were joking about the Pig Spit until i googled it. :newsmile106:

I guess I'll try the S100. I have been using Simple Green since 1997! . Seems to work very well. I'm always ready to try something else. Anyone else ever use Simple Green or is there something I don't know about. Which wouldn't surprise me any. :D
Ugly John

I've never used S100 total motorcycle cleaner, which is the best or easiest to use, aerosol or trigger spray :shock

Get the trigger spray. If you like it, get the 1 gallon size and refill the trigger spray bottle. The simple green and S100 total cycle cleaner are cleaners, the S100 engine brite is a detail spray for after you clean...spray it on the black cast parts and it brings back the showroom black again.
Bob

You also might want to invest in a good water filter to put on your outside tap as this should filter impurities out keeping spotting and deposits down.

Back