free website stats program Cleaning Engine | Harley Davidson Forums

Cleaning Engine

gmurdock

I have an 09 Street Glide that the black is starting to look creamy if that is a good description? The black especially along the edge by the chrome has a milky look. I know some of it because when i am waxing it but i cannot seam to remove it? Any help would be appreciated. Also the fins are starting to discolor?

Wash well with normal soap let it dry.
Then spay lightly with PIG SPIT or S100 engine brite. IMO Pig Spit is the better of the two by a little.
If old wax is still showing spay a bit mor on and clean with a SOFT light brush.
It should soon go away.
From then on a little Pig Spit now and then will keep the black power coat looking new for ever.
No real need to use that nast stuff on chrome that turns white try some Pledge.
14 years old 50,000 miles engine still looks like new pig spit to credit
jack2.jpg

VERY NICE..... NOW THAT'S WORTH TALKIN' ABOUT......

get your GLASSES ON ,,,,,,are you sure that isn't 5000 miles? he he

signed....BUBBIE

Wash well with normal soap let it dry.
Then spay lightly with PIG SPIT or S100 engine brite. IMO Pig Spit is the better of the two by a little.
If old wax is still showing spay a bit mor on and clean with a SOFT light brush.
It should soon go away.
From then on a little Pig Spit now and then will keep the black power coat looking new for ever.
No real need to use that nast stuff on chrome that turns white try some Pledge.
14 years old 50,000 miles engine still looks like new pig spit to credit
jack2.jpg

When I use up my Mother's Chrome Polish I'm going to have to give Pledge a try. Mother's doesn't leave that thick white film like other products do.

Back