free website stats program circuit breaker recall | Harley Davidson Forums

circuit breaker recall

Barry712

My 2003 Ultra has quit on me twice while cruising down the road. I read the manual and it sounded like the circuit breaker was shutting the bike down. I then read where 2001-2003 touring models were recalled for this very reason. Has anyone else experienced this? If so did you get it repaired and was it a problem at all? My wife and I are getting ready to go for a weeks vacation and want to ride the bike but would like to know it will get us there and back.

I believe the replacement was a 50 amp and the stock was 40 amp. Besides which from the heat of the bike and the age also they do get weak too. You can use an automotive breaker available at an auto parts store to replace it with. Just hook it up the same as the stock breaker. Usually they have two different terminal colors, just replace it the way the factory unit was hooked up.
There was a problem with them and there was also a recall I believe if you want to check with your dealer but the part is a cheap one.

Auto Recalls: Vehicles - HARLEY DAVIDSON -- Nolo

It's a safety recall and if your bike is covered it's free.Safety recalls last a long time.I've done them on a bike from the 80's just last month.

I had the same problem as Glider...and replaced the fuze from a auto parts store.

It would be wise to carry extra fuses besides the ones in the fuse module.

There's usually some spare 15 amp fuses in the fuse panel of most bikes.

The one in question here is the main breaker.

Had the same problem with 03 Ultra, dealer recall had replaced the 40 amp with a 50 amp! Happened again with the 50 amp, dealer mech said it was not unusual for the breaker to get weak, $12 replaced myself and bought a spare to keep with me!

Back