free website stats program Cigarette lighter | Harley Davidson Forums

Cigarette lighter

glyd-n

I just installed the Hogtunes amp and speakers per there instructions. In hooking up the remote power wire, I found that the lighter is powered at all times. According to the manual, it should only be powered when the ignition is on or in the ACC position. Did the MOCO make a change, or is there a problem. Has anyone had a similar situation? Its not causing any problems, but I don't want the amp to be powered all the time. I may just have to find a switched 12 volt lead. All input is appreciated.:bigsmiley6:

On my 2004 EGC the lighter is only operational when the ignition is on or switch in the acc position

I assume the bike this question is about is a 2009 FLHX. If it is, according to the 2009 schematics, the cigar lighter is driven from pin 4 of the 1A connector (O/R wire) which in turn is feed from the P&A 15A fuse. The P&A 15 amp fuse is feed from the Ignition Switch.

For starters, I would verify that the P&A 15A fuse gets power ONLY when the ignition switch is "ON".
Place you meter on either side of the P&A fuse and frame Ground.

As as added note, the "Cruise/Brake" 15A fuse should also follow suite. Only has power when Key is On.

See what happens.

Back