free website stats program Chrome | Harley Davidson Forums

Chrome

orourcs

I have been adding some chrome parts to my bike, which I really enjoy doing. The problem is the price the dealership charges considering most of them are not in stock and must be ordered. Has anyone found an alternative place to buy chrome accessories of good quality at a better price?

Thanks,

JP Cycles or Kuryaken (not sure about the spelling there) have a good stock of chrome parts. One thing about Harley chrome is it is good chrome. You can get cheap stuff and waste your money. Something to think about when buying chrome parts.
You know when you have enough chrome?
When your kick stand cracks your garage floor.:D:D

You know when you have too much chrome on your bike when all your friends are looking to buy stocks in a company that sells motorcycle care products. I know everyone teased me about that when I had the blue Dresser.

I always watch as to what i buy. alot of chrome that is not from Hd looks different. a little yellow, and wont match,if you are pairing it up
My delaer, if they dont have it in stock they can get it in 3 to 5 days max. usually quicker.
most times it is worth the wait

I always watch as to what i buy. alot of chrome that is not from Hd looks different. a little yellow, and wont match,if you are pairing it up
My delaer, if they dont have it in stock they can get it in 3 to 5 days max. usually quicker.
most times it is worth the wait

I'm not to happy with the HD chrome. It seems to be very soft and marks and scratches easily.

Don't know where they plate it at but the old chrome was way harder and did not show marks..

Some say the chrome comes from China?

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of HD chrome comes from overseas...You can order stuff from Chicago Harley for 20% off book price, and if you live out of state you can also save the sells tax... which makes it about a 28% saving, + shipping which is not very much.I wait till me or my buddy need several things and get it all at one time.. savings adds up pretty quick.. But sometimes I pay a little more at my local dealer because I want them to know me and stay in bus......

I heard the othere guys chrome flakes?
everybody is going to have a different opinion, on the best chrome.
If i were you, just compare, as some might be just as good as the next.
I am sure most chrome items come from overseas :s

Back