free website stats program Chrome polish testimonial | Harley Davidson Forums

Chrome polish testimonial

Irish Hog

I recently installed some new longshots on my bike and looked down today and notice some really bad pitting on the pipes. I keep all my chrome in excellent condition and was surprised to see it. Well I grabbed the Pledge and started to buff away and it would not come out, I tried over and over and then started to use some different polishes and nothing worked. I was ready to give up and noticed that I had another can of polish I never opened. It was a can of Blue Magic, so I gave it a shot and it took out everything, even some pitting on some other spots that I have been unable to get off. So if you have some stubborn minor pitting, give this stuff a shot.

BlueMagic

You're thinking of Flitz. :D

autogeek_2066_96233552

It's all I use when it's needed. Pitting isn't removable but surface rust is and it does a good job. Never had any rust on mine thou. :s

Since i was a little boy Ive used solvol autosol as a chrome polish also works well on aluminium with a little help from a tooth brush it works wonders anywhere getting harder to find these days as only really used on chrome and most bikes these days are made of plastic
and not many metal bikes in this area

Brian

I just went over the whole bike and the stuff is just amazing me, I have used several chrome polishes and nothing worked this well. It has shined up all the chrome nicely, it literally just dissolves the surface rusting. You can feel the harsh sandpaper feeling and one swipe and it is like satin. Good stuff man..

Is this the same stuff that used to come in what looked like a toothpaste tube? I haven't thought about that stuff for years, but I remember it was indeed awesome at removing stuff other polishes failed to touch.
No it is not in a tube, it is in a can.

Here is a link
BlueMagic

Last edited by a moderator:
I might be able to offer some help on this. I have a tube of Blue Magic. I wish I could show you a photo of it but I don't know how to go about sending pics. (any tips?). I purchased mine from C.A.P. (Consumer Auto Parts) here in Massachusetts. It is expensive but relatively speaking I just laid out $15.000 for my bike so I felt why not buy something that the fellow behind the counter reccomended for six bucks? That wasn't gonna put me in the poorhouse.. I can tell you that after storing my bike in the garage all Winter where the darn condensation got ALL over my pipes & engine leaving dark spots on the pipes come Spring. It was time to try out the Blue Magic. It worked admirably. I was pleased. During the regular season Pledge, or Maguires is fine, but when I put it away for the season I will remove the bags and give it a thorough cleaning with Blue Magic, and then spray WD 40 on the pipes & chrome so I hopefully won't have to deal with the dark spots. (future pits?) The condensatrion on my garage floor is horendous! :(

IH,

Do you by chance remember where you bought it?
That is a good question, because I have been trying to think where I bought it, so I can get another can. It was never opened so it has been sitting around for a year or so, but thinking back, I believe that I bought it at Ace. I get most of my stuff there.

We here Down Under (Australia) can still get BLUE MAGIC METAL POLISH-100gr.TUBE like a tooth paste tube. I am keen to give it a go on the Springer. In the past I have used a furniture polish product called Mr Sheen and it has given us the best results ever to date. So next clean I'm gonna try BLUE MAGIC METAL POLISH.

Back