free website stats program Chrome Inner | Harley Davidson Forums

Chrome Inner

90FXRS

Contributor
Contemplating putting a chrome inner on the 13 street glide. Any advise? Do's and don't? Tricks of the trade? things to watch out for?

I have 2 reasons for me not wanting to do it.
I had a 03 RKC that I added the chrome trim around the speedo that had a little bit of a lip at the top / forward area, it was to shade the gauge from the sun I guess, but the glair that came from it at times would make put my hand above it to block it.
When I was back in Sturgis a few years back I met up with a guy at the dealership in Rapid City , his whole bike was chromed.
Again the glair was real bad walking up to it in the mid afternoon sun, he liked it, but he didn't seem to care for all the finger prints and worn areas from the chaps

I thought about a chrome inner for my 05 electra glide....but I decided to stay with the stock one. I have enough chrome to keep clean now......Lol

I'll add my 2 opinions. 1) A fair bit of work & expense for a small payback in looks. 2) Buy a quality genuine HD inner that has been chromed.

I put a chrome inner on my 05' Wide Glide, but only because I had to take the inner of to fix a shifter shaft seal leak. It made the repair feel like an improvement. I don't think I would just do it to add the chrome. As Breeze3at said, if you do decide to do it, get a chrome inner from Harley Davidson!

Well, now I feel like a blond, I thought this was about a inner fairing being changed over to chrome.
Guess the reflection from the sun isn't going to be a problem as much as I thought.

Well the dealership had 25% off of everything so I decided to go for it. Hardest part was getting the dowels to let loose. The shifter seal looks good but I figure since I'm into it this deep, may as well change it.

Back