free website stats program Chrome Inner Primary Case for 2006 Dyna Low - Which part # ? | Harley Davidson Forums

Chrome Inner Primary Case for 2006 Dyna Low - Which part # ?

planester

I've been looking to "update" my 2006 Dyna Low-rider with a chrome inner primary case instead of the standard black case. My problem is, Harley list three different part #'s : 60794-06 or 60794-06A or 60794-06B. I know this certain year Dyna Low (2006) has/had problems with the IPB (inner primary bearing - replace @15K miles per Harley - that has now been rescinded by Harley) due to bad case fit/machining of the original cases (and possibly the transmission case too?). I was wondering if the 60794-06B case (corrected alignment/updated bearing perhaps?) is the correct case for my 2006 Dyna or do I need to order the original 60794-06 case to avoid any more headaches? As you may I guessed, I'm also changing out the crappy 2 piece rotor/stator BEFORE it disintegrates with the new welded one (40356-06B). Oh yeah, I'm also installing a new front motor mount (47583-90B), the updated chain adjuster (39929-06A) and the steering stem washer (45727-08). Thanks in advance for any info given. Note : All new inner primary cases come with new bearings and oil seals already installed (per Harley - and no, I haven't called my local HD stealership for an answer - I trust you guys for the right info :) !).

have you tryed the chrome inner cover? harley or kuryakan offers it for bout 160.00

I have an 06 Super Glide and Harley has replaced the IPB on their dime once, so far. If I were to put a chrome inner primary on my bike, I would purchased the Baker bearing and have it pressed into the new inner primary. I feel that would offer me the best chance at not having another IPB failure.

When you install the new steering head washer, make sure you do a fall away test and adjustment of the star adjustment nut. Otherwise, the installing of the washer is pointless.

Welcome planester, you want the 60794-06B and I would not take any less juat in case the dealer has old stock, it comes with the 5 new seal fasteners needed with all bearings and seals installed, It is the upgraded kit, I would just install it and enjoy it, you'll have no problems.

Here's the install and what it comes with, it is a vey good and complete kit.
View attachment Primary Inner Chrome Dyna-J03664.pdf

Chopper, are you aware of anything about this Chrome Inner Primary which prevents the IPB failures on the 06s which don't use the alignment dowels? Did they offer a corrective bearing revision as well?

Thanks in advance.

John

Chopper, are you aware of anything about this Chrome Inner Primary which prevents the IPB failures on the 06s which don't use the alignment dowels? Did they offer a corrective bearing revision as well?

Thanks in advance.

John

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but, I would imagine that this new IPB case (by itself) would not correct the IPB failure problem. In the installation instructions, it states to remove the dowel pins before attempting installation. (Obviously the old 2006 engine/trans cases don't have the dowel pin locating holes.) Unless there's something magical about the new sealing bolts, this case is going to shift out of alignment just like the old case.

Don't know much about the changes in the primarys, except the B is the latest and I would have no problem using it myself. Of all the 06 dyna's in our area and sold through our dealership have not had one with a single problem with the bearings. The 15,000 service they had for the bearings was because it was the first year of the six speed, they wanted the bearings inspected to see if there would be a problem and was canceled after a shot period of time, I am no longer working for harley and don't have access to much information anymore, all I can say is personally I would have no problem installing 60794-06B on my own bike and would install Harley's chrome inner primary long before I would install any aftermarket one. Just my personal opinion, with I could be more help.

Back