free website stats program Chrome Front End Package | Harley Davidson Forums

Chrome Front End Package

walleye

Contributor
How hard is it to install the Chrome front end package on an 09 Ultra? I am looking at this in the future and was wondering if it is something I can do myself with standard tools. Do I have to just remove wheel to access or is there more to it than that. Thanks.:D

Quick question.Does your 09 have ABS?The only reason I ask is I had the dealer install the chrome front end package on my 08 before I picked it up and the labor was $280.00.I figured why not, that way its covered under warrenty.With the potential of costly repairs assosciated with the ABS systems I would definetly ask your dealer if doing this yourself affects your warrenty before proceeding.

Yeah, it has ABS. Good point you bring up about warranty. I may check what the dealer labor would be. I sure like to learn my ride though. I think the chrome front end is one of the biggest bangs for our buck.:52:

This was a RK but it would be similar for your bike.

Chrome Fork Slider Swap - Harley Davidson Community

Thanks Glider. Is this something a novice wrench like myself should tackle? I love to learn, but then I am use to hammer wrenches and 36" pipe wrenches. (oilfield) LOL!:p

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, it has ABS. Good point you bring up about warranty. I may check what the dealer labor would be. I sure like to learn my ride though. I think the chrome front end is one of the biggest bangs for our buck.:52:

Thanks Glider. Is this something a novice wrench like myself should tackle? I love to learn, but then I am use to hammer wrenches and 36" pipe wrenches. (oilfield) LOL!:p

Not knowing your skill level, it's not a terribly difficult job to do.

Back