free website stats program Choke / enricher | Harley Davidson Forums

Choke / enricher

TomH65

I have as some of you know had some new pipes (and other parts) fitted recently. Apart from a few differences in sound and riding etc., I have noticed that the choke / enricher knob now goes back in on its own. Before, I had to pull it out for starting, then push it back in as the engine warmed up. Now I pull it out and after a couple of minutes of warming up, it goes back in without my intervention. Is this what is supposed to happen? Is it supposed to be automatic?
The tacho reads about 1000rpm on idle and it runs fine after only 2 minutes of warming the engine.

There is a plastic knurled nut that is just behind the choke knob this sets the tension on the knob tighten nut a wee bit and knob should stay where you put it do not over tighten the nut or it may split

Brian

The more I read into the forums, the more stuff I find useful. I'm again having this very same issue on mine. Good to know....

Mine does the same thing, which is ok with me except when it is really cold (below 45F) and then I have to hold it out for another minute or so... :)

yeah I hate having to hold it out lol. I would rather let it warm up while I smoke a cigarette and drink my morning coffee...

had the same problem, tightened the nut still did not help, in the end I found a piece of tubing pulled choke out cut the length required then split tube down the length. All had to do then was pull out choke wrap tube around & once its warmed up take it off saves holding it out. it was suppose to be a temporary fix till I could change enricher cable that was 2 years ago :)

I seen guys use a clothes pin also. After warm up they just clip some where as not to loose it.
tourbox

Back