free website stats program Chirpping sound when down shifting or letting off the throttle | Harley Davidson Forums

Chirpping sound when down shifting or letting off the throttle

Thumperhead

My 2009 Ultra Classic seems to have developed a chirping sound when I down shift or let off the throttle (engine brake). It has 61,000 km or approx. 38,000 miles and has had regular maintenance done. Not sure what the issue is, any help would be appreciated!

Have you had the rear tire off lately? I replaced the rear tire before and had the belt a little to tight and had a chirping sound, adjusted the belt and problem solved.

Also if it chirps at idle, push on the tip of the muffler with your boot to see if it changes or goes away.
May be a dry mounting insulator.
Push a penny between the insulator and bracket to tighten them up until you replace them.
Worked on my 03 for years.

I did replace the rear tire and brake pads last fall so I'll check the belt tension. Thanks
Have you had the rear tire off lately? I replaced the rear tire before and had the belt a little to tight and had a chirping sound, adjusted the belt and problem solved.

My Electra Glide developed a chirp that was finally tracked down to being one of the rubber isolators on the muffler under the saddlebag. New isolator, no more chirp.

Back