free website stats program Chilli Cook-Off | Harley Davidson Forums

Chilli Cook-Off

gator508

Experienced Member
Thought I'd post this for anyone intersted.

Chilli Cook-Off
Bienville Square in Mobile
March 3rd
11 - 3
$15 at gate, discount at MDHD $9, until they are gone.

Usually attracts a lot of bikes, weather is looking good, supports ACS.

The Chilli is well worth the visit!

I'm wondering if that's one of those that Carroll Shelby is involved with. Course he may have had to retire from it at his age. But a few years ago I saw him on a Food Channel and he was the chairman of these chilli cookoffs. He was into chilli real big. Man who don't love chilli.

For those of you that don't remember who Carroll Shelby is (was) he developed the Cobra for Ford motor company. Also designed the Cobra Mustang. He raced and later desiged race cars most of his life.

Carroll Shelby - An American Icon

I'm wondering if that's one of those that Carroll Shelby is involved with. Course he may have had to retire from it at his age. But a few years ago I saw him on a Food Channel and he was the chairman of these chilli cookoffs. He was into chilli real big. Man who don't love chilli.

For those of you that don't remember who Carroll Shelby is (was) he developed the Cobra for Ford motor company. Also designed the Cobra Mustang. He raced and later desiged race cars most of his life.

Carroll Shelby - An American Icon

R_W_B

Don't know if he's involved, but proceeds go to the Ameican Cancer Society, we have supported it for quite a few years now.

R_W_B
Don't know if he's involved, but proceeds go to the Ameican Cancer Society, we have supported it for quite a few years now.

This thread kinda reminds me, has this forum ever heard the joke about the young biker that walks in and sees the older Iron butt sitting at the bar staring at the full bowl of chilli ?

I wouldn't want to tell it over again if most have heard it.

Steve07,

That one sounds good too! Uh..isn't that where I read someone stole your battery and pulled a gun.

Actually CJ's is a pretty mellow spot. We had to drive to Gainesville to have the gun pulled.:newsmile07::newsmile07:

Actually CJ's is a pretty mellow spot. We had to drive to Gainesville to have the gun pulled.:newsmile07::newsmile07:

Ha, that's funny. Least you guys knew the number one rule. When someone points a gun at you, do just about anything they say. :D

As far as the wildest chilli cookoff. That probably could very well be right here in my own home town of Lakeland. Roscoe's Chili Challenge is an annual event here for some years and has grown in size. It's an all biker affair. I've seen pics but never been. Don't think my wife would go for it. Quiet of bit of nudity type activity there. Makes the bikini contests at Bike Week seem docile. Course now if I was a single man I might would just check it out, to taste the chilli of course :lol

I don't want to post up the web link as it would prolly get me banned forever. But you can search it easily enough on google. Folks tell me the chilli is very good there.

Ha, that's funny. Least you guys knew the number one rule. When someone points a gun at you, do just about anything they say. :D

As far as the wildest chilli cookoff. That probably could very well be right here in my own home town of Lakeland. Roscoe's Chili Challenge is an annual event here for some years and has grown in size. It's an all biker affair. I've seen pics but never been. Don't think my wife would go for it. Quiet of bit of nudity type activity there. Makes the bikini contests at Bike Week seem docile. Course now if I was a single man I might would just check it out, to taste the chilli of course :lol

I don't want to post up the web link as it would prolly get me banned forever. But you can search it easily enough on google. Folks tell me the chilli is very good there.

RWB I went to Roscoe's years ago and have learned the hard way that it has evolved to a more mature event. I think now it would be described as an adult event. Back when I went the chili was great!!!

Back