free website stats program Childhood dream | Harley Davidson Forums

Childhood dream

rhino

Banned
I was six or seven years old when my best friends dad went and bought a brand new 1980 flh. for years i would dream what it would be like to be on that bike and just ride. Now thirty years later I was over to the old mans house he took me aside asked me if i wanted the old bike. he cant ride anymore and cant stand to see it sit. So long story short he said name a price. I named a price, he liked it and was glad to see me get it as he always considered me a son. So finally Im one of those guys that got a deal on the old harley sitting in the barn, and the sentimental value is a plus.

Congrats. It has personel history and character. Dream on while you enjoy the restoration - Bob

Man, that's great. I grew up next door to a small Harley dealer back in the 50's and 60's. Always thought I'd like one of those "big Bikes". No such luck for me finding one in a barn. Had to go out and buy one but still smile every now and then when I pass a kid on the sidewalk and recognize that stare. Didn't we all want one ?

Back