free website stats program Checking in to say hey for the first time. | Harley Davidson Forums

Checking in to say hey for the first time.

Ollie Ford

I'm from the Ohio Valley, Riding an 03 Super Glide 1450cc Carbureted . My first Harley but not my first bike. I had my first one at 8 years old, was a Suzuki DS 80. Remember those little orange dirt bikes? Had a lot of fun summers on that thing...Ha!! And here I am 40 years later still riding the wind. But any how that's bout it for me , Just saying Hey yall !!!!

My First bike was a 45 pound Doodle-bug...
Came in Parts/Pieces not whole. Took a Used 2.5 HP reel lawnmower motor to get it going... Tough to find a Horizontal shaft motor in my early days....Most motors were Vertical back in them days... Ohhhhhh Am I Old....

Well, WELCOME to the forum...

Nice getting New members...
We are trying to build this HDTimeline forum Back to where it was Years Back...
(ME and many others included)

Hope you can get used to the new look and "how it works"... Tough for an Old Timer like me...:eek: Trying tho...

By the way... No one seems to ASK new members right out: BUT I WILL
What got you to this site in the first place?
Why did you Join?..

That is what I'd like to Hear...;)

signed....BUBBIE

My First bike was a 45 pound Doodle-bug...
Came in Parts/Pieces not whole. Took a Used 2.5 HP reel lawnmower motor to get it going... Tough to find a Horizontal shaft motor in my early days....Most motors were Vertical back in them days... Ohhhhhh Am I Old....

Well, WELCOME to the forum...

Nice getting New members...
We are trying to build this HDTimeline forum Back to where it was Years Back...
(ME and many others included)

Hope you can get used to the new look and "how it works"... Tough for an Old Timer like me...:eek: Trying tho...

By the way... No one seems to ASK new members right out: BUT I WILL
What got you to this site in the first place?
Why did you Join?..

That is what I'd like to Hear...;)

signed....BUBBIE

Actually I joined up for the advice of people who know more about what I work on than I do. For instance , currently I am replacing the primary sprockets and chain and I've ran into a snag where the sprockets aren't lined up and the face of the compensating sprocket is being chewed off.

You not that old are ya Bubbie? they didn't have the old washing machine motors on em did they?....LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from Pittsburgh Pa.;)
Be sure to find the correct area of forum to start a thread about a concern.

He asked me why I joined so I told him ya nitpicker!!

and now ya know why I'll leave

dbmg has it Correct.....
Ask that Question so ALL can read and give a Response....

part of my answer would be Alignment .... Spacers needed or not needed... KISS

Yes in fact as I remember One of the motors DID have a peddle arm step down starter... (washing machine for sure) Lol
Wished I had that one back today...

see your question in the forums... Maybe here to start with...
Transmission,Clutch and Primary (Drive Train)

signed....BUBBIE

Hey man I responded to what you asked and I didn't ask for advice and I sure don't need the forum police on my (EDIT). So y'all have a nice life

Bernie.....LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Didn't know you were called by a 3rd name here on the forum... He asked me why I joined so I told him ya nitpicker!!

WOW,

signed....BUBBIE

WELL.... Don't know where to go from here?

ollie ford.... I'm sure dbmg was Only trying to help... Questions asked in the new members intro, don't usually get attention Like in the Forms....

LOL..... bet this one does though... Chuckle Chuckle...

signed....BUBBIE

Back