free website stats program Check your battery | Harley Davidson Forums

Check your battery

Mongo1958

Removed the seat to remove the poorly installed LED lighting system. I really never liked it or used it much. A few of the LED's were shorted out as well.
I found the battery terminals loose and barley more than finger tight. just say'n.....
WAP.gif

Removed the seat to remove the poorly installed LED lighting system. I really never liked it or used it much. A few of the LED's were shorted out as well.
I found the battery terminals loose and barley more than finger tight. just say'n.....
WAP.gif

Thanks for the reminder. Out of sight out of mind. Thanks again.:bigsmiley23:

I had a battery terminal come loose last year the first sign was the turn signals not working stopped and they worked rode on a wee bit and they stopped again stopped and shut bike off then dead oh bother
Seat off found one of the terminals loose the terminals are removable with 2 mount points on either end of the battery so the battery can be orientated either way luckily I had a suitable allen key with me that fitted as battery is metric and tools are imperial got it good enough to hold till I got home got the correct tool and all has been well since
Perhaps I need to fit wheels and a tow hitch to shed and take it with me so that I have all my tools when on the road

Brian

As with any vehicle, this is the number 1 cause of charging system failures:s

Back