free website stats program check engine & security light | Harley Davidson Forums

check engine & security light

I have an o3 ultra which HD replaced voltage regulator on.Now when I turn the key on the check engine & security light come on and off like normal.But when I start the bike they come back on and go off again.The other day when I was riding I happen to look down just as the speedometer went off and the check engine light came on and just as quick everything was back to normal and rode 250 more miles without an incident.

Have not pulled any codes as its Sturgis week here and no chance of getting in.As far as aftermarket,96cu.in,6 speed kit,oil cooler.Bought bike and was told HD dealer did all the work.

Jumpered data link connector this morning and after waiting 10 seconds check engine light and security light came on and no flashes.

You could have some historical codes in your system.
If the lights dont stay on all of the time, it is something that happened in the past and not a current condition.
There is a guide posted in the self help section of this forum that shows how to clear codes.
If your voltage regulator died suddenly during operation it could have caused some other conditions to report trouble codes. From my experience, even if the situation is repaired, the trouble codes need to be cleared from your system, or supposedly they will clear themselves if the situation does not come back after 50 starts. But the guide in the self help section worked like a charm, waiting for 50+ starts to clear themsleves could drive someone to drink. The process takes less than 15 minutes.

Back