free website stats program Check Engine Light | Harley Davidson Forums

Check Engine Light

cprins

I have a 07 fxstb with 8600 km's on it. Since I got it, the check engine light comes on in 6th either shifting into it, or accelerating while in it. It always stays on, even for hours at a time while cruising,until the bike is slowed down, and put into 2nd or 3rd, and let to cruise for about 15 to 20 seconds. The local Harley shop can't seem to do anything about it, does anyone know what it could be? Thanks

I had similar problem, take glider's advice. Instructions are simple to follow. I printed out the list of codes and keep it in saddle bag. It has already saved me a trip to dealer. Code was an O2 sensor not responding. cleaned connection with airhose and cleared code. No problem since.
PS Thanks again Glider

Thanks for the help, Glider. I did what you said, and first code 1353 showed up under "P".That was no combustion in the front cylinder. I cleared it, ran the bike, checked it again, and it was gone. This is the second time that this code showed up though. They found it once at the dealership, and cleared it. I wonder if something is screwey with the compression in the front cylinder. Also, under "P", Pn 34454-076 showed up, under "S", Pn 68925-07 showed up, and under "SP", Pn 67197-046 showed up. I can't find out what these are. Anyone ever heard of this before? Thanks.

Those numbers are part numbers, nothing to worry about.

As far as the "no combustion", that could be a loose plug tip, loose plug wire or an injector/injector wire problem. It set's that code for a number of reasons unrelated to each other. I wouldn't worry about it unless it keeps reoccurring or if you have a miss in the engine. I assume you have stock plugs in this engine???

Thanks for the tips Glider. The info was a lot of help.I do have stock plugs, and I checked them for any looseness, but there was none. We'll see what happens in the future. Thanks again!

Back