free website stats program Check engine light | Harley Davidson Forums

Check engine light

Axeman747

Just recently the check engine light on my '00 Ultra started coming on when I slow to stop and when I start from a stop, it only seems to do it when it is below half a tank of fuel. I have checked and it isn't throwing any codes out. The bike seems to be running fine. Has anyone had this happen and if so what was the problem?
Bryan

Axeman, check the charging system. I had the same problem about 3 years ago on my 1998 'RK. Low RPM was no putting out enough voltage. It was a bad stator assy. You can tall if its burnt by smelling the primary oil.

Good luck
John

Thanks for the advice 2cyclejohn and glider, I'll have to check both of them and see what I find. I'll keep ya posted with my findings.
Bryan

I removed the gas cap and turned the ignition on, I could hear the fuel spraying inside the tank so I believe I have holes in my fuel line as in the thread that glider referred to. I guess pulling the fuel pump and replacing the line is on the list for this winter. Thanks for the help.
Bryan

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like you found the problem. Replace all the self sealing fasteners on the plate as well as the gasket.

Back