free website stats program Check engine light goes on intermittently | Harley Davidson Forums

Check engine light goes on intermittently

harleyhawk

Hi, I have a 2002 Harley Road King Classic with 60,000 on it. Yesterday when driving about 300 miles, the check engine light would come on when maintaining 60 mph or greater. When slowing down the light would go out and stay out until I accelerated up to 60 again. It would not go on unless I maintained the greater speed for 5 to 10 minutes or so. Bike ran fine the entire 300 miles.

Hi, I have a 2002 Harley Road King Classic with 60,000 on it. Yesterday when driving about 300 miles, the check engine light would come on when maintaining 60 mph or greater. When slowing down the light would go out and stay out until I accelerated up to 60 again. It would not go on unless I maintained the greater speed for 5 to 10 minutes or so. Bike ran fine the entire 300 miles.

00-03 HD Codes And Activation - Harley Davidson Community try looking here:s

My bike is alot older but when I had a similiar problem I just had to clean up where the wire connects to the sending unit - Bob

Check the spark plug caps. If they become loose on the plug it will cause the light to come on. Something to do with Ion Sensing I think. Drove a friend of mine nuts till he tightened his up.

Mine did the same thing and the plugs were loose one time and the other time the wires were loose at the coil under the tank.

Back