free website stats program Check engine light coming on. | Harley Davidson Forums

Check engine light coming on.

Royshere

I need help! 03 flh with fuel inj. The motor starts right up and idles fine. Roll on the gas and it breaks up and the engine light comes on. Let the motor come back to idle and the light goes off. I have checked for fault codes and nothing has shown up. I have the Twin Scan 2 from Daytona Sensors which shows any codes. I changed plugs and wires and ready to change coil but looking for ideas before spending more cash. Anybody have an idea? Any input would be helpful. Thanks

I hope I did everything correct. I am new to all the electronics and learning as I go. My last ride was a 1988 lowrider that I fixed along the road many times. I will check that sensor right now. Thank you!!

I need help! 03 flh with fuel inj. The motor starts right up and idles fine. Roll on the gas and it breaks up and the engine light comes on. Let the motor come back to idle and the light goes off. I have checked for fault codes and nothing has shown up. I have the Twin Scan 2 from Daytona Sensors which shows any codes. I changed plugs and wires and ready to change coil but looking for ideas before spending more cash. Anybody have an idea? Any input would be helpful. Thanks

How much gas you got in the tank? If you are low, open up the cap and stick your ear in the tank and turn the switch to run (don't start it). Is it making a lot of hissing noise as the pump comes on (like more than 5 seconds worth)? If so, take a five gallon tank and buy some high octane and fill up your tank. Does it run better now? If so, you may have a pinhole leak in the convoluted tubing inside the tank. Glider has a post describing this .

Engine Dies at Half A tank - Harley Davidson Community

TQ

I got a new sensor.... was not the problem. Not a leak in the tubing either. I tried to retrive codes direct by jumping the #1 and #2 wires on the com link and I got nothing. I am starting to wonder if I have a bad wire there. Right now the engine starts but breaks up as soon as you roll on the gas even a little. My first thought was my coil is bad, I am going to get a new one and try it. If that is not it then it is going to a shop. I am using my days up on a bike that should not break down this much. Might be time for a new one!

I got a new sensor.... was not the problem. Not a leak in the tubing either. I tried to retrive codes direct by jumping the #1 and #2 wires on the com link and I got nothing. I am starting to wonder if I have a bad wire there. Right now the engine starts but breaks up as soon as you roll on the gas even a little. My first thought was my coil is bad, I am going to get a new one and try it. If that is not it then it is going to a shop. I am using my days up on a bike that should not break down this much. Might be time for a new one!

Is your scoot doing this when its cold or more after it has warmed up? Have you done any mods. to it lately? Tried to put some F.I./Carb cleaner or dry gas in it, checked the fuel injectors and lead wires for the injectors???

Put the new coil on and the same thing! The front cylinder is the one not running right. I pulled the wire off and ran the engine for half a minute. Pulled the plug and it was dry. I replaced the injector last summer so I am looking at that now. Looked at a 06 Electraglide Standard today with 7700 miles. For $13880 I can drive it home. Fix this police bike and SELL IT.

Sounds like the front injector wire problem that they had back then. The copper breaks inside the insulation and causes the miss fire of the front cylinder. It usually breaks within about an inch of the plug on the injector due to being strapped to tightly. Do the wire wiggle test on the front injector wire with the bike running and see what happens if it fires up.

Front Injector Problem (FL Models) - Harley Davidson Community

Just re read your first post where it said " Let the motor come back to idle and the light goes off"

Sounds like a good possibility here.

I lifted the tank about an inch, started the bike and pushed the wire around. Thats what is wrong. I will fix that pretty easy. Man I am tierd of working on bikes! Anybody know why the charging system on my BMW R100GS is out again? LOL Thanks for all the help.

I love working on bikes,that's why I bought a Harley:D I hate working on cars,:newsmile055:

Back