free website stats program Check Engine Light Codes | Harley Davidson Forums

Check Engine Light Codes

hd4evr

Banned
I was riding my bike tonite and after I got to 6th gear the "check engine" light kept coming on. It would go off after I slowed down, but then come back on when I sped up again.

I got these codes from pulling them up.

What do they mean?

P0152 Rear Oxygen Sensor High
P1356 Rear Cylinder No Combustion
Oh, yea........2007 Road King..............about 92 degrees outside. Thanks!

The P1356 could be caused by a misfire from various things like a bad plug wire, loose plug tip where the wire attaches or a bad/loose plug with an intermittent firing.

The other code may be related to the first problem. Hard to tell until you find the cause of the misfire first.

The P0152 means that as far as the ECM is concerned, the o2 sensor is not present and/or not responding to injector pulse width changes. It could be the o2 sensor is bad "open" or the connector is not making contact. Anything that would make the sensor look absent would throw this code. The problem is to troubleshoot this code properly, you need a break out box because you need to measure the o2 sensor output while engine is running and the sensor is hooked up.

The combination of these two codes seems to indicate that the cylinder in question is not getting enough fuel for complete combustion. (just a shotgun guess without measuring anything)

Everything is stock.........air box, pipes, etc. Seemed funny, but it ran fine...no misses or anything......but, I did notice that the check engine light came on first when I tried to set the cruise control which would not work when the check engine light was on.

The bike runs fine? Roll on fine. Idle fine? The idle has to be off. (?)

If it was not for the check engine light you would not know or feel anything was wrong?

Please merge this with entry point #2.

One of two things is happening. Either like Glider said, a misfire is sending the o2 sensor above .6 volts output or the injector is clogged forcing the o2 sensor below .5 output.

Either case you would post this pair of codes.

My guess either what glider said (driving o2 sensor above .6 volts due to misfire)
or,,, Injector plugged (driving o2 sensor below .5 volts.)

Well, I checked the rear cylinder's spark plug wire. It was a little loose, kinda just sitting on the plug, and not pushed all the way down. I pushed it down tight, and went for about a 15 mile ride, and all seems well. I hope that was the answer.

Well, I checked the rear cylinder's spark plug wire. It was a little loose, kinda just sitting on the plug, and not pushed all the way down. I pushed it down tight, and went for about a 15 mile ride, and all seems well. I hope that was the answer.

I'd be willing to bet one of Cath's meatballs that was the problem .:s

It's one of the most common code setters in the Delphi system.

Back