free website stats program Charlotte Craiglist Scam | Harley Davidson Forums

Charlotte Craiglist Scam

Jonas

Nice Heritage for 4800.00. I sent an email, got a reply, then replied back. I do not have a brother in Montana.

White Harley Davidson One Owner

Hey,

Perfect. I have a brother that lives in Great Falls. Can I have him check it out and pick it up, if it looks good. Save you the shipping problem.

Thanks

Kaylle Jonas
FASI Southeast Field Service Engineer

FASI - - Home Page

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wed 3/17/2010 11:58 AM
To: Kaylle Jonas
Subject: RE: Harley

Hi,I am selling this bike because my platoon has been sent back to Afghanistan and don't want it get old in my backyard. The price is low because I need to sell it before Mar 22. It has no damage, no scratches or dents, no hidden defects. It is in immaculate condition, meticulously maintained and hasn't been involved in any accident..I do have the title , clear, under my name.The bike have 13,058 miles, year 2006 It is still available for sale if interested, price as stated in the ad $4800. The bike is in Great Falls, MT, in case it gets sold I will take care of shipping. Let me know if you are interested, email back.Regards!!!

It reaaly gets under my skin all of the scams going on and this person tries to put it off as someone serving our country.

Has anyone sent this scam alert to RichardS ? I think he & others were trying to compile a list of scammers trying to sell bikes, to make sure no one on the forum got burnt on a bad deal

Has anyone sent this scam alert to RichardS ? I think he & others were trying to compile a list of scammers trying to sell bikes, to make sure no one on the forum got burnt on a bad deal

I believe what RichardS had polled was not a list of scammers, but a network of forum members that were willing to inspect a bike for sale in thier area for members that were far away.
I think we dubbed the Craigslist scams "The Betty", as that was the name used several times. It has gone to a new low pretending to be a armed forces member.:newsmile055:

I hate these scams too. I hate to admit it, but a few years ago I almost fell for one of these on eBay. I was really close to sending the money. Bad on me!!!:newsmile08:

This one is even worse posing as an American Soldier.:bigsmiley19:

thats a good idea richards has bout people checking out bikes in there area
this way u know if it is worth your time getting there its beat u get there and
it was a waste of time and money doing it

The guy I bought my bike from got burned before he sold it to me. He seemed like a really decent guy, but needed to sell his ride for financial reasons. Be careful about wanting something too much.

If you google these scam adds there is some really good advice on how to spot, avoid or report them. I found out that not all too good to be through deals are scams. 08 dakota, 4X4 club cab 8cyl auto, loaded low milage must sell 4,000 firm. I laughed at it, but now my buddie is driving it.A Widow called and got balance owing and sold for that amount.

Back