free website stats program Changing Trike handelbars | Harley Davidson Forums

Changing Trike handelbars

behavin

I stopped at the Harley dealer the other day to inquire about changing my handelbars on my 2011 Tri Glide to the extended reach type because my arms are just a little short. They told me that I need to change the clutch cable and the ABS brake line to only acheive a two inch extension. At the cost of ............are you sitting down? $1100.00 Has anyone ran into this or does anyone have a solution other than live with it?

I would try a different dealer 1st. And then ask if bars can be rolled back to be closer to you.. I would think a hours labor should cover it....

Wow, I think I'd go to another dealership and see what they charge.
+1 on readjusting the handlebars closer.
The parts are identical to those used on the rest of the touring models.

They tell me the insane price is because I have ABS brakes and the whole brake line is one piece for both front and back and that is what costs so much.

How about a reach seat? Do they have one for your model? It would move u forward about 1.5 inches

They tell me the insane price is because I have ABS brakes and the whole brake line is one piece for both front and back and that is what costs so much.

Have you ask if bars can be rolled back to be closer to you????
If that gets you close than Jacks suggestion might be enough to make up difference.....

Do either of the front rotors have a 'Reluctor Ring'?
The relector ring is part of the ABS and it looks similar to what is in the photo.
ABS_Gear_Ring.jpg

There's a sensor that reads the pulses off this ring.
I check at the Harley Davidson Website the specs for the 2011 Tri-glide and ABS is not available.
Specs:
MSRP
Vivid Black $30,499
Color Option $31,299
Two-Tone Option $31,799
Custom Color Option N/A
Special Edition Color Option N/A
Security Option $370
Wheel Option N/A
ABS Option N/A
Reverse Option Standard
Cruise Control Option Standard
California Emissions $200
Freight $695
Power Pak™ (103 engine, Security, and ABS) N/A
Security Package (Security and ABS) N/A

No ABS Indicator on cluster.
Indicator Lamps 8 High Beam, running lights, front fender running lights, directional light bar, low oil pressure, engine diagnostics, cruise control, speakers, accessory, security system (optional), 6 speed, low fuel warning, reverse enabled.

Braking system.
Brakes 32 mm, 4 piston fixed front, 31.75mm single piston floating rear
Parking Brake Lever actuated dual parking brake.
No ABS mentioned here either.

This is the front brake line for the trike (Standard). It operates the left and right calipers, not front and rear like the dealer told you.
HD11FLHXXX025.gif

On the parts list there are no reluctor rings on the rotors.

I think the general thought here is 1st run away from this dealer as fast as you can. Even if you agreed for their over priced, irresponsible explaining as to why, I see nothing but headaches in the future with your Tri-Glide and handler bar function is one area that needs to be spot on......:small3d031::small3d002:

Back