free website stats program Changing to 21" front wheel | Harley Davidson Forums

Changing to 21" front wheel

I ordered my 21" front wheel for my street glide. Is there anything special I need to know to swap it out with my stock wheel. I ordered it with the hub,bearings,rotors,tire already installed. I cant imagine any problems but thought I would ask.
My bike is a 2007 street glide and does not have ABS. To install the calipers on the new rotors I am sure I will need to spread the pads out because the new rotors will be thicker since they are new. Other than that I don't foresee any other problems.
I was also told to drill the front fender mounting holes a little to make room to move the fender for better clearance. If you think of anything let me know. I will post pics when I'm done.

I went with the Renegade Tahoe 21" chrome wheel

When I hasd mine installed, I was told about 1/2 need the fender adjustment. They drill out the rear hole slightly and tilt the fender forward a touch.

Can't wait to see some pics.......

I put a 21" Renegade on my 09 RG and absolutley love the way it looks. Not very many like it here in the Ozarks. You will get tons of compliments for sure!!

I put a 21" on my 2003 Road King, love it also. I went with a klock werks fender so can't help you on that. I did the work myself, it was a easy swap. You will like the new front look, and get compliments I'm sure. Post some pics when you get it done....

Back