free website stats program changing Power Commander III USB settings | Harley Davidson Forums

changing Power Commander III USB settings

just4u

Banned
I have a 06 Heritage with an arlen ness big sucker stage 1 air filter and a V&H Big Shot Long Exhaust, with a Power commander III USB dyno tune. I need to Change the Fuel settings with my PC. MY local Harley Dealer closed their doors ,out of Business. they are the one's that performed the dyno tune. my top end is to lean and the Idle Low end is to rich to stop decell popping. What changes from my PC could solve this??

Excuse me, I need to Clairify my question, I was interrubted while I was typing the first time.
What changes from my PC would riching the high end,and what changes from the pc would lean out the Idle low end.

On my 3097 mile road trip the bike was running lean at 80-85 Mph running hot(250) and pooping out, power loss at Ambient temp 102 degrees. After I returned home from the trip. the Bike ran Perfect for about a week of commuting to work, now because of the rich idle setting too fat to stop the decell popping, the engine is loading up. So I would like to correct the PCM settings at home with my PC. If any one knows how ,Please share it with me ,Thank you, PJ

Attachments

• V&H  ArlenNess Big Sucker stage 1,Power Commander III USB dyno.jpg
    V&H ArlenNess Big Sucker stage 1,Power Commander III USB dyno.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 14
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks TQuentin, I have all the paper work and pc hook ups that came with the dynojet kit. The main value that I would like to change now is the Idle and first thottle position.
So I guess I could decrease the 1000 rpm @0 throttle position from 16 to ? maybe 13? and decrease 1250 rmp @ 2 throttle position from 12 to 9? just a guess. Hopefully getting rid of some of the idle fat will stop the black smoke puffing out when Cracking the thottle, this is were experience would help. thanks, PJ

Last edited:
Thanks TQuentin, I have all the paper work and pc hook ups that came with the dynojet kit. The main value that I would like to change now is the Idle and first thottle position.
So I guess I could decrease the 1000 rpm @0 throttle position from 16 to ? maybe 13? and decrease 1250 rmp @ 2 throttle position from 12 to 9? just a guess. Hopefully getting rid of some of the idle fat will stop the black smoke puffing out when Cracking the thottle, this is were experience would help. thanks, PJ

Gonna have to wait for Hobbit. I do not have any personal experience with the PC. Sorry.

TQ

you can dial it down and try it but trial and error is only way to set it warm it up first and move it down the amount you want to then take it for a ride and tweak from there if unhappy or leave it if happy from 16 to 13 at 1k should be fine i would go the next one to 10 and try it instead of 9

thanks, for the input. Would this change be for table 1 ,table 2 or both? table 1 is set different than table 2.
"you can dial it down and try it but trial and error is only way to set it warm it up first and move it down the amount you want to then take it for a ride and tweak from there if unhappy or leave it if happy from 16 to 13 at 1k should be fine i would go the next one to 10 and try it instead of 9 "

table 1 is usually front cylinder and table 2 the rear .. so you will have to adjust both the same amount individually ... rear cylinder is usually set a bit richer to help combat the heat so if you move table 1 down 3 points do the same for rear .. the #'s dont have to match just make sure you move them same amount ..

Make Sense

yes, it makes sense,I just didn't know which table was for the front and which table was for the rear. Thanks alot BUD

Back