free website stats program Changing Backlight Color On Gauges? | Harley Davidson Forums

Changing Backlight Color On Gauges?

R-G Rich

Hi everybody, I am currently in the paint stages on my 03 roadglide. I am wonderi9ng has anybody out there tried changing the color of lighting for their gauges? I pulled one of the lights out and the bulb is clear, but it has a yellow plastic slip cover on it. I have silver spun gauges and that color light makes it hard to see at night. Thinking red might work better. Has anyone found or know where to get different colors? Thanks R-G Rich

I been thinking about doing the same thing as you are . I seen a 09 SE Road Glide & it had silver spun guages & it had red backlights & they were factory , I would go to a dealer & get a part # & if they have them & see if they will pull one from inventory & see if it is the same style bulb . The guages have not changed much so I would asume that the red bulbs would work just fine & you should be able to find a after market bulb that would work . Are you painting the inner fairing ?

No not painting inner fairing, have seen a few I like but I like the color contrast better with the inner faing black. Original custom color was house of color candy brandy wine over silver, didn't want to spend the cash on house of color job so had a local painter color match it. A trained eye could see the difference but most could not. Saved over two thousand dollars! I have a custom built 124" stroker S@S wheels and rods axtell cans and pistons woods cams solids and Baisley heads, breathin thru a Boarzilla 2 into 1. Makes right at 150 hp and 155 on tq! Revtec 6 speed makes an awsome package

Back