free website stats program Changed to full sythetic | Harley Davidson Forums

Changed to full sythetic

futurerider

At the 1,000 mile check the dealer recommended syn 111. So I said okay :small3d007:

Then I research alot of threads here, and several other places and decided to go with the common recommendations of full synthetics.

I could not find Mobile 1 V twin nor Spectro Tranni fluid anywhere, but I did find that my local dealer sells Amsoil 20/50, Red Line tranni fluid w/shockproof and of couse HD formula +, all of this in one convieniant location.

I put 1,700 miles on the syn 111 and then upgraded to the full syn.

All I can say is THANK YOU for the recommendations - I no longer hear the lifters, and the transmission is now AWSOME! No first gear clunk (unless I push it backwards first), neautral is almost impossible to miss, and the normal shifting is very quiet. I really did not believe there would be this much differance.

Thanks again for all of the good advise :D.

Your advise has been a great help to this newbie and you have shown great patience with me. It has made this adventure more enjoyable for me and I am glad to call you all friends.

Glad you got your bike sorted...stay a spell, we are always happy to have new rider thoughts as you grow more familiar with your ride. Sometimes the little things like fine tuning the bike fitment or simple rider tuneup is all it takes to make a big difference in the riding experience. :s

Take the time to explore your bikes' handling and turning ability in an empty lot, so when you need to do it on the road you will do so without a conscious thought, good sound instinctive riding techniques and troubleshooting skills are learned only through practice and using the tools you have at your disposal. Study the manuals and use a little prep after the ride here, will help you become one with your bike...ENJOY! :D

I had a problem with oil consumption when running Syn-3 in the engine. I switched to Mobil-1 and no longer have that problem. I am sold on Mobil-1!

I also switched to Red Line in the transmission and Formula + in the chain case.

Just out of curiousity; did you break in your new bike the way it is mentioned in the site, with the 30-60 thing in 3rd, 10 x in a row, and change your oil at the 100 mile mark? I did, and feel better for doing so too. First new bike that I've ever had.

Just out of curiousity; did you break in your new bike the way it is mentioned in the site, with the 30-60 thing in 3rd, 10 x in a row, and change your oil at the 100 mile mark? I did, and feel better for doing so too. First new bike that I've ever had.

Yes I did. I took it easy (new rider) and about how the manual said for the first 500 miles. The I did the "Glider method 30-60". That was actually alot of fun too.

All seems well no oil usage.

At the 1,000 mile check the dealer recommended syn 111. So I said okay :small3d007:

Then I research alot of threads here, and several other places and decided to go with the common recommendations of full synthetics.

I could not find Mobile 1 V twin nor Spectro Tranni fluid anywhere, but I did find that my local dealer sells Amsoil 20/50, Red Line tranni fluid w/shockproof and of couse HD formula +, all of this in one convieniant location.

I put 1,700 miles on the syn 111 and then upgraded to the full syn.

All I can say is THANK YOU for the recommendations - I no longer hear the lifters, and the transmission is now AWSOME! No first gear clunk (unless I push it backwards first), neautral is almost impossible to miss, and the normal shifting is very quiet. I really did not believe there would be this much differance.

Thanks again for all of the good advise :D.

Your advise has been a great help to this newbie and you have shown great patience with me. It has made this adventure more enjoyable for me and I am glad to call you all friends.

You would be amazed futurerider how many of us nod our head in agreement to what you have just written. I come to this site just about every day mostly as a voyeur to learn, as you do, new things all the time. Welcome!

Back