free website stats program change exhaust on bike | Harley Davidson Forums

change exhaust on bike

I am looking to get some sound out of my bike and I would like to put a set of screaming eagle exhaust pipes on. Does anyone know if I have to remap my system or will it still perform ok without making any adjustment. The bike is just to quiet with the stock mufflers on it. I dont want it to loud but I would like to hear some of that Harley rumble

You can run it like that for a bit but Id suggest getting a fuel tuner, as Im sure many others here would. Check out the TFI or GEN3 from Techlusion. Run a site search and you'll find hours of good reading about it.

To do it right, and get the hp boost, throttle response, and fuel efficiency you will want a K&N filter (high flow), and a fuel tuner. If you just change the pipes you will make the already lean factory settings worse. It could cause you problems down the road.

I am looking to get some sound out of my bike and I would like to put a set of screaming eagle exhaust pipes on. Does anyone know if I have to remap my system or will it still perform ok without making any adjustment. The bike is just to quiet with the stock mufflers on it. I dont want it to loud but I would like to hear some of that Harley rumble

ECM Calibration And TFI - Harley Davidson Community if you want the most out of your bike

To do it right, and get the hp boost, throttle response, and fuel efficiency you will want a K&N filter (high flow), and a fuel tuner. If you just change the pipes you will make the already lean factory settings worse. It could cause you problems down the road.

Just to clarify - it does NOT have to be specifically a K&N filter. Many brands of high flow air filters are available to finish up your bike's Stage 1 upgrade.

When I did some dyno runs with my '02 Sportster, I made some numbers using both the stock and K&N A/C.

Surprisingly, there was very little difference in numbers.
Kept the SE mufflers on the bike for both runs.
Stock= HP 59.5 Torque 64.7
K&N= HP 60.0 Torque 63.9

A friend wanted me to buy the K&N filter (it fit in the stock A/C housing) but with little change, I passed.

Just to clarify - it does NOT have to be specifically a K&N filter. Many brands of high flow air filters are available to finish up your bike's Stage 1 upgrade.

I know a guy that has one for sale in the for sale section, honest and as good looking as Jack

Does he have a "stache" too? :lolrolling

Moustachesmiley.jpg

Back