free website stats program Center of gravity Specifications | Harley Davidson Forums

Center of gravity Specifications

BigG

Has anyone ever seen Center of gravity (Cg) information? I would like to know where to place my lift on a basically stock 03 Heritage.

I have 04 heritage... just try to get under the frame from the opposite side of the kick stand... you may need to have it upright to get underneath completely ...depending on your lift(mine is a sears).... I can get both wheels off ground or front or back depending on where I center the lift and what I am trying to do... never tried to remove a wheel and not sure how stable it would be for that... but it works for cleaning wheels ... etc...

Just make sure that you clear the shocks!Either with frame protectors,or place the jack JUST in front of the shockies.

I've lifted a Fatboy and a Deluxe this way and had no probs. with out-of-balance bikes.

I used the Harbor Frieght yellow one and place it right across the shocks with a 1/4" of hard rubber pad on each side of the frame to clear the shocks, the bike goes up evenly and very stable, haven't try to remove wheel yet.

I have 04 heritage... just try to get under the frame from the opposite side of the kick stand... you may need to have it upright to get underneath completely ...depending on your lift(mine is a sears).... I can get both wheels off ground or front or back depending on where I center the lift and what I am trying to do... never tried to remove a wheel and not sure how stable it would be for that... but it works for cleaning wheels ... etc...
Place the lift so that the wheel you want to remove comes up first. I removed the rear wheel & had no problems, even fighting the damn thing off without removing the brake caliper.

Back