free website stats program CD music MP3 Wow! | Harley Davidson Forums

CD music MP3 Wow!

cyberfish2

The new Street Glide has a radio with a single CD player. I remembered one of my grandkids telling me I could put several whole music CD's on a single recordable CD, several hours worth of my favorite stuff on one CD. This is probably old news to you young guys, but still kinda amazing to an ol' fart like me. I converted my music files over to .MP3 format, and made a DATA cd. The data part is evidently important, because this compresses the files?? Or something like that. Regular audio .mp3 files won't work. So, now I have a couple of cd's with maybe 30 hours worth of music. The stock mufflers are so horribly quiet, I can even hear the music......:bigsmiley22:

Technology sometimes is good. I have all my Beatles albums on one Cd. Doesn't get much better than that.

I had the same reaction when I found this out. I burned mine through itunes. Nothing better for a long trip than a MP3 cd

Reminds me of a late 70's "Not the 9 o'clock news" british comedy sketch about the old boy that goes in to a stereo shop to by a "gramaphone". Time to migrate to an Ipod, which you can also plug in, navigate through your satnav and store about 2000 CD's. The treadmill of technology

I just use my MP3 player , I just connect it with a jumper cable that has the RCA jacks , then I plug it in the front of the radio in the Aux input socket then set the radio to Aux & enjoy the tunes . For long road trips I have a 12 volt charger that plugs into the cigar lighter & recharges the MP3 player . This works great for me because I also have Sirius radio & that needs the jumper cable also so I just unplug one & plug in the other .

I tried the data disk with mp3 files but I must be doing something wrong. The CD player on my bike doesn't recognize it. :(

It is pretty cool i bought a radio that can do the same for my work van and burn a bunch of cds to one its awesome also have one on the harley .. less cds to carry to

It is pretty cool i bought a radio that can do the same for my work van and burn a bunch of cds to one its awesome also have one on the harley .. less cds to carry to

I burn my cds and mp3 discs and my kids tell me I'm so old school nobody does that anymore:(

Another option. When i bought my Ipod, i downloaded some of my favorite old cds to the itune library i set up. then you just sync the ipod with your itunes library and can pic and choose what you want on the ipod. it will hold at least 7 cd albums and other itunes i have downloaded and you don't have to worry about changing cds or weather it will play through the cd player. plug the audio jack into the front of stereo and u have music all day.:D

Back