free website stats program cb radio on the 2009 | Harley Davidson Forums

cb radio on the 2009

IR Rick

anybody have idea what i may be doing wrong??
I can hear everybody on the CB but i'm not able to talk back:newsmile080: I'm I missing something ( yes i do have my headset on my helmet):p

I do push the PTT, I was just not sure if i had turn something off
I will have to take the bike to the shop and see what they have to say
thanks

Are you sure someone is range to hear you and respond? The transmiting range on a MC is not as great as the receiving range due to the antenna setup. In other words, you will not be able to transmit nearly as far as a truck or vehicle with an optimal antenna installation.

Are you using the HD headset? Mine works great.

I bought a J&M headset for my other helmet and I could hear everyone fine but could not talk with it. Turns out, I didn't have the HD lower portion of the cable seated properly to the uper part. Pressed them together a little tighter and now the J&M headset works great.
:USA

Im running Hd setup that came with the bike, Over this last weekend on 1000 miles two day ride i rode with 8 other bikes (gws) and they all were running CB we were running as a pack

Some tips...
The easiest way to troubleshoot your problem would be to have another CB, or any reciever that can monitor the 27mhz CB frequency. That way you can quickly determine whats going on.
If you can't hear your own transmission then things to look for would be:
(1) faulty mic or mic connector-check the connectors, try using another mic.
(2) no transmit power output-shop repair
(3) modulation circuit faulty-shop repair

If you can hear your own transmission but someone a few blocks away cannot:
(1) transmit power may be low-should be 4watts-shop repair
(2) antenna problem- coax cable cut or not connected to RF connector on your CB

Also, as ktorian has pointed out, you might be expecting too much. It could be that there is nothing wrong at all. The fact that you can hear other people usually indicates that your anntenna system is OK.

I hope this gives you some ideas. Cheers.

Do you have both the sets that come with the bike?
Have you paid attention to the "M" and "F" on the sets?

I only got one set,. i got the owner manual out over the weekend
It looks like if you push the PTT, the channel that you are on should show up on the screen, that's not happening,

Let me know if i should be asking the dealer what happen to the other set or do you only get one set. I have the bike going into the shop at the end of the month.

The '07, Rick, came with a set of two in a box.
Can't see the point of there being only one as they are also used to talk to your passenger.

Back