free website stats program cb radio noise | Harley Davidson Forums

cb radio noise

Ray-Ray

Ok I really need a cb expert here.So heres my problem.ON ptt transmit mode I hear alot of engine noise.When bike is off there is no noise.Heard lots of solutions but every one is guessing.Dont need that.It cost to much money to guess.Also today I thought of trying to hook up to the rear port to see if it is the same and to my supprise I can see the cb light up but cant hear the transmission. related hum maybe. But I do need someone who really knows about these systems. thanks

Sounds like a bad bround. check your antenna cable for loose connections or maybe a rubbed thru spot. You could also maybe add a noise suppresor. Also try adjusting squelch and gain if you can. I'm not sure how they are set up on a bike. i used to get those problems in my Peterbilt.

You can try grounding antenna first. Just need to put a piece of wire between antenna base and GOOD ground source on frame. Noise suppressor should go somewhere on power and ground wires between radio and fuse block. If no change you can try at a cb shop at any of the bigger truck stops. Also do you have any problems with am/fm radio if you have one??

Last edited:
Check all your grounds. The antenna ground plane is in the bottom of the tour pack, make sure the antenna has a good ground there. I would remove each ground clean it and put it back.

Back