free website stats program Cats & Seat Questions | Harley Davidson Forums

Cats & Seat Questions

wilks3

I have a 2010 SuperGlide bought new in Illinois.
#1. Are cat converters in head pipes or mufflers?
#2. Will a seat off a CrossBones fit my SG?
I really like the spring type seat, if CrossBones won't fit, any recommendations?
Thanks
wilks3:D

This is what it says in the 2010 Harley-Davidson New Model and Technical Information.
•Meet MY2010 EPA Emissions regulations for all Harley-Davidson®vehicles sold in 50 state and Canadian markets
•Reduce oxygen intrusion into the exhaust system
–Promotes catalyst health and efficiency
Just from that I would upgrade the whole ex. system, not just mufflers.
The cross bones seat looks cool but don't know how you would adapt to a dyna and most people I've talked to say that was the first thing they took off, they didn't like it, sat too high and swished going around corners. If you type harley seat under search on the web there are a lot of manufactures making solo seats with springs, I saw one I really liked for dyna's but I can't remember who made it or where I saw it. You'll get more info from others on the forum, hopefully someone with hands on experience.

Thanks guys, I'm looking around for seats. Picture of Harley seat changed my mind.
But where are the catalytic converters located? Head pipes or mufflers? I hope, pretty sure, in mufflers.

Don't know for sure but if you take off the system you should be able to find the restrictions. I think it was 2008 Harley put them in the touring CVO models and not in the standard 96'' touring models, they were in the header pipes so if you put performance mufflers on you wanted to swap over to stock 96'' header pipes to get the performance out of the mufflers. God bless the EPA, NOT!

Thanks Chopper, I guess I'll take mufflers off and look in'm.....
maybe poke a wire up the pipes to see if a darn cat in'm.....

Back