free website stats program Cats removed from head pipes | Harley Davidson Forums

Cats removed from head pipes

67wizard

New owner of a 2010 Electra Glide Ultra Classic. I have the Screamin Eagle air kit Reinheart slip on mufflers and a down load from the harley shop. Now I find out the bike has Cats in the head pipes and I have found a place to get them removed. (FullSac in Arizona) will do it for a good price. Now my question is do I have to get it Dynoed or do a download after cuting out the cats?
Thanks
Wizard

Wow, that could be a real issue. If you don't take them off, and you add any type of fueler, the extra CO & HC will probably make those cat's Cook. On a cage, continuous extra unused fuel (< 14.7 A/F) will make a cat overheat.

It's always something!:p

I'm hearing all 2009 CVOs, 2009 Cali Touring built bikes and all 2010 Touring bikes have cats in the headpipe.

The cat in the headpipe is big.. it's like plugging up your nose with cotton and trying to run a race.

Ride safe and have fun!

According to the people at Fulsac, when I asked about my '09 with the stage one setup, there was no need to do another download.
Craig

You could save the OEM cat header (incase you have to switch back later) and go with the Fullsac headpipe (or another catless headpipe like V&H).

Found this from another site...

Hey Guys!

The new X pipe is a torque monster. Specifically tuned for big fat heavy touring bikes.
I cut, welded, and dynoed this thing to death. Thats why there are two versions. "A" for 96". And "B for 110" motors
It will out perform an OEM non cat headpipe accross the board.
Dyno charts will be coming in the next few weeks.

Steve George

This is a pic of the Fullsac X pipe.

FullsacXPipeBlack2.jpg

That pipe looks just like the Jackpot pipe.

Jackpot Dyno Tuned 2/1/2 Stainless Steel Head Pipes for 2009-2010 Touring models

COMING SOON: 2/1/2 Tri Glide Head Pipes for 2009-2010 models, and 2/1 Head Pipes for 2010 Street Glide/Road Glide models

Retail price $449.00 Introductory Price $429.00 until 1/31/2010

I agree. Looks similar, Fullsac is stepped and FeulMoto's is not. Both companies are great to work with and have some great products.

I bet V&H X pipe looks similar to.

Ride safe and have fun.

Call me crazy if you must, but I am thinking if the guys at Fulsac or any other business start removing catalytic converters which are mandated by Federal law, then those guys are going to be treated to beans and cornbread, courtesy of the Greyrock Hotel. Again, I am no expert on the law but I know the Feds have a long, long arm and once they slap you, you will know you have been slapped. Several of the manufacturers of these fuelers we all buy and use can attest to that. Writing a check to cover a million dollar fine might not break them, but it will sure make them take a refresher course regarding EPA laws and regulations. Bye the way, we must all learn to appreciate our air cooled Harleys cause they are on the short list of endangered species, courtesy of the same EPA. After you retard the spark, lower the compression, install fuel injection and o2 sensors, plug up the mufflers and install catalytic converters...what else can you do? The answer: mill em with water jackets and bolt on pumps. Before too much longer when two V-twins pull up to the stop sign, instead of hearing them clear out their pipes with the traditional 45 degree rumble, all we will hear is "wirrrr-wirrr-wirrr".

Back