free website stats program Catalyst removal | Harley Davidson Forums

Catalyst removal

lv2ride56

Couple of questions regarding the cat removal on SE mufflers for the 110. Saw a post somewhere, which I can't find now, showing how to remove the baffle and the converter. I have done this on the right side with no problems. Sorry I didn't take pictures of entire process but can send pictures of before and after if you'd like.
I also read about decel popping with restriction removed exhaust and one the fixes was to install a "pop stopper" baffle in the left side. My question then is why not just leave the restriction of the Cat in the left side and leave the right side open?
I am still running stock HD headers after trying the BUB7 TD with crossover setup which was way loud for me.

Depending on the model the cat on the new bikes is either in the pipe or the muffler.

The left side is basically a sound chamber on the touring bikes and other bikes with a crossover pipe. Leaving a cat in one side in a bike that has them in the mufflers would unbalance things a bit and it may not run too well. The popper stopper restricts the flow even more in the left side.

Back