free website stats program Cat removed | Harley Davidson Forums

Cat removed

Hey guys I bought another set of 2010 headpipes on fleabay and gutted them, had a friend tig weld them back up for me. Wow the heat reduction was awesome, could tell a big difference. Sounds better too I kept the ones that came on it just in case, but a question the bike seems to run fine no popping on decel do i need more fuel? I know that it is lean but I haven't done anything else to it it's stock. So will it lean it out too much? I do plan on stage one someday but not right now pretty happy how it is now.

They will self adjust to a small degree but if you are going to a stage 1 eventually, I would add a tuner to be on the safe side. It will run much better with some added fuel and I would suggest the TFI. Many including myself use them and like them. Easy setup and installation and they make a BIG difference in the running and temps too.
Pretty much any modification that increases flow will lean the mixture out.

Many topics on the TFI including a discount link here...

Diagnostics and Fuel Injection Related - Harley Davidson Community

Thank sir i thought that it would be ok for now. I really like how it's running right now, when the warranty is gone i probably will get tfi and a/c upgrade I know that will be even better. Just wondering was i doing any serious damage to it right now.

You can do the TFI and stage 1 without any problems with the warranty or even the TFI alone. The TFI will disconnect very easily if there is a bike problem that has to be addressed by the dealer. It's plug and play.

2 years is a long time to run the bike in a lean condition. Besides the mod to the cat would have to be reversed if you had a problem or that would effect your warranty.

Your right bout the cat mod i kept the headpipe that came on it, I bought another 2010 headpipe and cut that one out so I could do that very thing lol. I am going to get tfi just have to save a few pennies more. There's other things i want first but they could flip flop around though.

Humm, I thought only California models had Cats. It must be certain 2010 models no matter where they are shipped. (?)

No all 2010 touring models have cats in them. It made alot more heat than 04 flhti. I was riding 1 day and it was bout 98 degs and unbearable so I ordered another set of headpipes and gutted those and the difference is night and day believe me and it does sound louder too believe it or not. I happy now but will do the stage 1 someday.

No all 2010 touring models have cats in them. It made alot more heat than 04 flhti. I was riding 1 day and it was bout 98 degs and unbearable so I ordered another set of headpipes and gutted those and the difference is night and day believe me and it does sound louder too believe it or not. I happy now but will do the stage 1 someday.

How do you "gut them"? Chip

Back