free website stats program Cat Converters on 2010 and Newer a Myth? | Harley Davidson Forums

Cat Converters on 2010 and Newer a Myth?

scotracy

I know I am going to stir up controversy....but was at a dealer, and they had 2 new 2011 touring bikes that were getting new header pipes. When talking with the tech, I said oh going to switch out pipes to get rid of Cat...he said what...no cats here, showed me both header pipes, nothing in them! Wonder why some have them, some don't...he said only Cal. bikes... I have seen photos of other headers cut open, and people digging the stuff out...wonder what that is about...
:sd

I know I am going to stir up controversy....but was at a dealer, and they had 2 new 2011 touring bikes that were getting new header pipes. When talking with the tech, I said oh going to switch out pipes to get rid of Cat...he said what...no cats here, showed me both header pipes, nothing in them! Wonder why some have them, some don't...he said only Cal. bikes... I have seen photos of other headers cut open, and people digging the stuff out...wonder what that is about...
:sd

Pulling your leg maybe? True about the California bikes and smog control devices. In fact some of the early EVO motors had a weak cam shaft California specific

I did some research on this before I got my 2010 Fat Bob. It seems that the company had to make blueprints for certain models to have cats but then somehow made a deal with the EPA that cats were not required for the year. There was a dealer bulletin reporting on the details of the deal. I got my Fat Bob at the dealer used (with only 1,750 miles) with thunderheader pipes and no cat.

Back