free website stats program Carpal Tunnel Surgery | Harley Davidson Forums

Carpal Tunnel Surgery

Trek

I was wondering if anyone here has had carpal tunnel surgery and if so what was your recovery time for riding again. Thanks.

I have had it on both hands. If you follow instructions you will be able to ride within a couple weeks or less. Good luck.

I too, have both hands done. Both by the same Dr. My left one rode after 2 weeks, and when I had the right one done, Dr. even let me watch. After a week, I was throwing apples in Lake Superior at my brother. I didn't overdo it tho. Had the stitches taken out after 10 days in both situations. Some folks heal faster than others. You will know your limitations.
GOOD LUCK!

BRIAN

It's amazing this was brought up! It must be so common these days. I am going for an EMG tomorrow because my doc thinks I may have it.:bigsmiley30:

My question to the few who have posted that had it done is; Can both be done at the same time and can I do light-duty at work?

Hope all is well with everyone today:D

I wouldn't have both done at the same time because of the way they bandaged mine. You have to use the bathroom sometime.

Thanks everyone. That helps with scheduling the surgery. I want to lose as little riding time as I have to.

Had both of mine done about 2 weeks apart also. the numbness while riding went away quickly. the Dr wasn't sure if the pain would go away because i had waited so long to have it repaired but about 6 months later woke up one morning and the pain was gone. wish i had done it sooner.
patrick

To the guys who have had this done, Were any of you having sharp pains go up your arm thru your hand.

Yes on the sharp pain before surgery. So sharp that I would drop whatever I had in that hand. After surgery just like a new hand, works great! Very happy I did it.

i was having sharp pain and it would wake me up in the middle of the night but when i was riding if would go from numbness to pain. still cant use an 18v cordless drill, i havd to go down to a 12v
patrick

Back