free website stats program Carlini Torque Arm | Harley Davidson Forums

Carlini Torque Arm

90FXRS

Contributor
I've seen them advertised and I'm wondering if they're really needed or if it's just a sales pitch? The Fatboy is built and has plenty of horse and torque. I'm not into holeshots or riding up on the back tire.........ok.......there's the occasional holeshot.

I've seen them advertised and I'm wondering if they're really needed or if it's just a sales pitch? The Fatboy is built and has plenty of horse and torque. I'm not into holeshots or riding up on the back tire.........ok.......there's the occasional holeshot.

IMO they were a plus on Evo FXR models to reinforce the tranny to the engine, I do not see a need for them on the TC models the way the tranny is bolted to the engine JMO

Like Jack said, they were designed for the Evo FXR and FXD's. The longer inner primary on the Dyna's had a tendency to flex and crack under hard shifts. I put one on my Dyna a long time ago and have done a lot of hard shifts with no ill effects (yet). Pricy, but worth it for Evo Dyna's.
After 18 yrs., the chrome on my torque arm is starting to flake a little. I think it's out of warranty?

Last edited:
Like Jack said, they were designed for the Evo FXR and FXD's. The longer inner primary on the Dyna's had a tendency to flex and crack under hard shifts. I put one on my Dyna a long time ago and have done a lot of hard shifts with no ill effects (yet). Pricy, but worth it for Evo Dyna's.
After 18 yrs., the chrome on my torque arm is starting to flake a little. I think it's out of warranty?
I bought one to put on my '97, FXDS, NICELY built. Needed on the evo's, Yes IF you were a little too hard on the shifting and More power waas added...

The New TC, 99 and up , had the tranny Bolted to the rear of the motor in 4 places, so full solid coverage was there but Missing on the Evo's.

I never installed as I sold that bike without putting it on, long ago. YES I still have theat piece of Beautiful billet alluminum... Pete, make my brother a good deal...?:s PM me.

Also in my extra box, a lot of Electricical (dyna 2000 digital ign system, installed on my bike then off when sold.

HI-4E FireBall by Crane bran-new in org box.Never installed.

A new 4" electronic spedo with in package wire harness for the electronic spedo "? reinstated mileage " on it, still in box never installed on the bike...
(I think it was for the 97? or a sportster?) Chrome bezel,black face, white numbers to 120 digital display of miles bottom center...

WHY? I don't know,,,,,, always buying something in the old days.:newsmile093:

I'll have to list it all for sale on the forum and put on the part numbers, making someone a good deal... :newsmile011:

Signed....BUBBIE

HI-4E FireBall by Crane bran-new in org box.Never installed.

Hmmm, i shoulda asked on here a few months ago when I decided to install a new 2 piece points cover with an all too long center screw........"why is this last screw so tight?"........doh, my now fried Hi-4 is behind it with a new center hole :bigsmiley19:

As for the Torque arm, I've always wondered wether or not they were really necessary. Don't do hole shots anymore so I don't think I'll have the need to find out either.

IMO they were a plus on Evo FXR models to reinforce the tranny to the engine, I do not see a need for them on the TC models the way the tranny is bolted to the engine JMO

After I posted this I went out and actually looked at the tranny mounting on the twin cam......YEP!!!! it would take quite a bit to do any harm to the setup on these. I've never really paid any attention to it.

I have a 200-0 FXR4 CVO with a S&S V111 and a Rivera 6 speed overdrive gearset with a Scorpian clutch. 118 HP@5600 RPM and 122 Ft/lbs Torque @3800 RPM with over 60,000 miles and I have not broken a Inner primary case. Unless you do wheelies and burn out all the time, I would not waste my money.

I have a 200-0 FXR4 CVO with a S&S V111 and a Rivera 6 speed overdrive gearset with a Scorpian clutch. 118 HP@5600 RPM and 122 Ft/lbs Torque @3800 RPM with over 60,000 miles and I have not broken a Inner primary case. Unless you do wheelies and burn out all the time, I would not waste my money.

Your ride you decide, tho this is one of the reasons the MOCO tied the tranny to the motor on the new models, just sayin:s

Also the engine trans. rubber mount system is very different between FXR's and FXD's as well as the Dyna primary is longer and more susceptible to flex.
But, we are talking "obsolete" bikes.

Also the engine trans. rubber mount system is very different between FXR's and FXD's as well as the Dyna primary is longer and more susceptible to flex.
But, we are talking "obsolete" bikes.

Some of the best frames the MOCO ever built:s

Back