free website stats program carb question | Harley Davidson Forums

carb question

williamf57

Hi everyone, I have a 1995 road king (1340 Evo) that has a 27207-93a carb and was wondering if I could use a 27412-99a carb off of a TC88 on it? Everything is still stock on the bike except SE slip on mufflers. If I can use it what else should I do when I put it on? Thanks for any help You can give me.

i biult a 93 fl i have used all diferent years cv like your 93 & up just tuned each one in....

It has a frozen and now broken idle mixture screw. My brother-in-law has his old one and I thought i would put that on and fix the other one.

Sounds like ultrat has done this before. I would swap the main and low speed jets from the old card to the new one and check to see if the aluminum cap (idle air adj) has been removed from your old carb. If it has check to see how many turns it take to lightly seat it and set the new one the same. I would use a new rubber coller to make sure I didn't have any leaks, hook up the throttle cables and ride.

And while you have the carb in bits 10 yrs old is a good time to replace the float needle as the rubber coating on the tip will be starting to harden

Brian

And while you have the carb in bits 10 yrs old is a good time to replace the float needle as the rubber coating on the tip will be starting to harden

Brian

Specially with the junk gas out there now Good point Fin:s

Back