free website stats program Canucks with US Spec bikes | Harley Davidson Forums

Canucks with US Spec bikes

bigcletus

I have an 07 RG, US specs. I've always considered changing the speedo for a Cdn one in kms, however I refuse to give Deeley anything. I've contacted a local print shop and am having made a vinyl kms overlay. If anyone is interested let me know and I'll forward you the web site, and pics of mine when its done.

I just leave mine reading in MPH.I'm still old school and prefer it over KM.

Im interested, getting ready to import my 09 back to Canada from Germany, and I sure could use one of those!

Finally leaving G-K eh ??? lol. I have a friend, RMS MWO posted there this summer...great guy..

I'll post pics of how my speedo turns out, before and and after. Bike is in the shop till next week getting new cams and mini apes installed. Weather is turning out nice now. +11 here currently....

Safe travels..pm me where you are posted...

Cheers
Jack

If you are trying to get a bike OK'd to get into Canada there are some changes I'm posting on a few forums in hopes that some people can be saved some grief. Contact me if you need any details. I've been very frustrated with this and am not going to let it drop. Stupid rule change with no basis in logic or safety.

This is the real pertinent info from the RIV inspection form that must be done by Canadian Tire (the only approved fed inspection organization)

SPEEDOMETER: shall be calibrated in kilometers per hour or both kilometers per hour and miles per hour. Digital speedometers that switch between
kilometers per hour and miles per hour are permitted if the unit of measure is identified. (this means your US HD must get a new speedo)
INSPECTION CENTRE: attach miles odometer label if required.
EXHAUST SYSTEM: must have permanent legible marking, confirming it meets “EPA regulation of 80dB(A)” (don't try to bring in a bike with anything other than stock mufflers and make sure they are stamped)

The "sticker" solution for speedo is no longer valid. If your bike has modified pipes you'll need to find some stock ones to pass inspection.

Glider Doug, that's the same info I rec'd when I contacted RIV, and transport Canada and Canada Customs, so i was in Canada last week on a house hunting trip, and my dealer told me that sometimes it's hit and miss with inspection at Cdn Tire, sometimes they check for EPA marking and sometimes they check for the speedo depends on the tech at Cdn Tire. No big deal for me I've already re-installed the factory exhaust. but the speedo, the stock replacement in KPH costs $379. and the After market one with a tach and 600 different color settings is $349. so guess which one I'm going with, if they can get in stock, currently out of stock and on back order. It will be nice having a tach and my big radius pipes will be back on 10mins after my inspection. lol

Finally leaving G-K eh ??? lol. I have a friend, RMS MWO posted there this summer...great guy..

Yup, after 4.5 years here they've decieded to send me back, although we're all coming back after next year. All Cdn's in Flying spots in GK will cease after 2014. CFSU (Europe) will still exsist to support the rest of europe operations. I'm just glad that I had the oppourtunity to experience life here, but am ready to come home.

Yup, after 4.5 years here they've decieded to send me back, although we're all coming back after next year. All Cdn's in Flying spots in GK will cease after 2014. CFSU (Europe) will still exsist to support the rest of europe operations. I'm just glad that I had the oppourtunity to experience life here, but am ready to come home.

Canadian posted here in Germany also. Bought an 09 Train off an American last year. Love the ride here for sure. Job keeps me way too busy though.

Glider Doug, that's the same info I rec'd when I contacted RIV, and transport Canada and Canada Customs, so i was in Canada last week on a house hunting trip, and my dealer told me that sometimes it's hit and miss with inspection at Cdn Tire, sometimes they check for EPA marking and sometimes they check for the speedo depends on the tech at Cdn Tire. No big deal for me I've already re-installed the factory exhaust. but the speedo, the stock replacement in KPH costs $379. and the After market one with a tach and 600 different color settings is $349. so guess which one I'm going with, if they can get in stock, currently out of stock and on back order. It will be nice having a tach and my big radius pipes will be back on 10mins after my inspection. lol

Dutch Hills wants €400 to get the speedo/tach combo here. Even with a VAT it will be super pricey. Not many options though as its pretty hard to get an American dealer to sell an KMs speedo

Last edited by a moderator:
Back