free website stats program can't transmit | Harley Davidson Forums

can't transmit

While on a ride today with friends tried to use cb to talk back and forth initially i could hear the other people and they could not hear me then six of the other riders radios went out and could not hear the music after we got to the destination i shut my bike off and everybodys radios started working again except mine. Help

I agree but my radio is now playing and mutes when i push the button and comes back to normal when released and i can hear nothing in the headphones

I agree but my radio is now playing and mutes when i push the button and comes back to normal when released and i can hear nothing in the headphones

The output R.F. amplifier may not be working...do you have any portable CB radios available to listen for the *break* or SWR meter to monitor when you key the mike?

I forget, is there a seperate volume control for the CB like there is for the intercom? If there is, check the volume level. I know that i was ready to take mine back last year because I thought the intercom was broken and it was the volume level just down too low to hear it. Might be a similar thing with your CB. You almost need a seperate manual for the radio....i think its confusing. Stuck mike explains why everyone elses went out then came back on when you shut off.

Anyway, ride safe and enjoy

cass

Switch headsets with one of your riding buddies and see if that makes a difference. I'm on my third HD headset. The first 2 gave exactly the same condition as you describe when they went out.

Have a look at IMC Motorcom USA. Very good product. When you go to the web site check dealer location may be one near you...

Rode today with a group of goldwings and the radio would recieve thru the external speakers but seems the head set is dead this is only the second time using them the first time they worked perfect and i tried another set i have same issue i am wondering if maybe the dash switch?

Do a careful inspection of the connectors, sometimes the mating contacts "recede (backup)" into the connector or the female recepticle is distorted or weak tension or metal fatigue.

Back