free website stats program Can't Swap Handlebars/heated grips | Harley Davidson Forums

Can't Swap Handlebars/heated grips

HermitKing

I want to swap handlebars on my 09 RK. The HD catalog has Heritage bars for RK but states they will not work with heated grips. Does anyone know of a solution or alternative? Would it be as simple as drilling a hole for the heated grip wiring?

Most likely the reason why it states that heated grips won't fit is that the bars are probably a thicker pipe than the stock bar. With thicker material the left grip would not slide "into" the end of the bar. Had this problem when I put 12 inch apes on my ultra, no problem though, I just machined out the left bar slightly so the internals for the heated grip would slide into the bar.

Thanks Stroker..i think i will get the bars and give it a try. Without the heated grips...my season would be greatly shortened...as you know. I had the grips put on when i got the bike...so no instructions....no idea how they come off. I wonder what little plastic tab i will break this time....lol

Back