free website stats program can't locate my vin on frame | Harley Davidson Forums

can't locate my vin on frame

I have a 76 superglide shovelhead with a factory base frame and aftermarket chopper neck. Can anyone tell me where in 76 the vin number should be stamped in frame? I just traded by vette for this bike and it has an out of state title (PA). I am in Ohio and afraid I am going to have issues transferring title now. Thanks! Greg

On my 1976 FXE it was stamped in the neck but couldn't hardly read it because the frame was powder coated.
here is a pic of my superglide

Attachments

• 76.jpg
    76.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 22
thank!
My Engine vin matches my title but my frame has been modified with chopper front half and now has no vin. I am very nervous that when I have it inspected that it might be seized and destroyed. I can just show them the engine vin and take my chances or go the lengthy and also a little risky path of getting a builders title. I love my bike and don't want to lose it!

You could always buy a set of metal stamps (1/4") and restamp it

The engine vin must match the frame vin. If not, your going to have to have the bike re-registered in order to recieve a title. Does your title vin match the engine vin? Then like Steve0 said, get a couple metal stamps and stamp the frame. This is for your piece of mind. If you go to sell her, the next guy might look a little closer at the bike then you did.

You could always buy a set of metal stamps (1/4") and restamp it

We did this for a friends Sporty.We got a copper plate {stamps very well}, cut it to fit and bonded it to the neck.Using SEM 2 part metal bond, same stuff used to glue quarter panels on in a body shop.A little putty around the edges a quik blend with some black single stage, looked factory.No problem with his re inspection by the DOT.

Back