free website stats program Can't fit fuel cap medallion | Harley Davidson Forums

Can't fit fuel cap medallion

Lebowski

I cannot fit a cloisonne fuel cap medallion on my flstn2008 fuel cap. It's a multifit part and it should be ok for my bike cap but it seems to be rounder than my low profile fuel cap top surface so it cannot stick/fit on top. Would appreciate some help.

don't seem to find anything about an insignificant prob as mine

will that work-did u try anything like that?

Yes, the tape that comes on it and the silicone in the middle should do the trick as long as the cap is cleaned first well with alcohol.

don't seem to find anything about an insignificant prob as mine

will that work-did u try anything like that?

Silicone works, to fill in the concave void. Had to do the deed for my Willie G. medallion to stick on my my fuel cap...:25: That foam tape that comes with it loses it's grip after awhile :(

I'm in the market for the same thing. I knocked my cap off of my seat with the fuel hose last weekend. Of course like a jelly sandwich, the chrome top hit the pavement, dented and scratched....darn! I had to look at all the way home.

One of my students told me about the medallions. I'll buy one tomorrow at the dealer. We have a big ride (Back Roads Classic) and lunch planned for tomorrow leaving from and returning to the dealer.

I'll probably use clear epoxy but I'll make a shield out of masking tape to adhere to the cap with a hole just slightly larger than the medallion prior to using the epoxy to keep the cap clean and free of any excess epoxy. If you do it right, the epoxy will last 4ever. Also, I like to use acetone as a cleaner prior to gluing. That removes any oils, waxes.

Epoxy or JB Weld would probably work just fine, I used Silicone only because it was handy (being as I just finished doing the Kitchens & Bathrooms...honeydew thing, as I had the application gun "primed and ready, besides the silicone sets up pretty fast also...!

Back