free website stats program Can't find handlebars. Help? | Harley Davidson Forums

Can't find handlebars. Help?

StuckInTime

Howdy folks. I've been a member on here since around 2008 but haven't posted in quite a while. I've got an '08 Dyna Wide Glide that I'm doing a makeover on. Trying to get away from the "Anniversary" stuff and make it my own.

My problem is that I can't find handlebars for it. The stock bars are 1.25", non-stepped, 12" mini ape hangers. I'm looking to go to 14" ape hangers and all braided cables. The issue is that I have only been able to find a couple of handlebar mfg's that make a 14" x 1.25" non-stepped bar (Carlini, & LA Choppers), but they are NOT knurled. A buddy of mine has a set of 16" LA Chopper bars on his '07 Wide Glide and he's tried everything to get them to not slip, with no luck.

Are there any sponsors on this site, or perhaps another vendor one of you may know of, that makes 14" x 1.25" knurled ape hangers? I know I 'could' change the risers to accommodate 14" x 1.25" bars that step down to 1" at the risers but I would prefer to stay with the beefier looking risers. Any help is appreciated!

Here's a pic of what it looks like so far:
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b254/TLKurtz/WideGlide/FXDWG-020.jpg

Thanks. I've got big plans for it, including a new paint scheme. I've already got new fenders & tank & they have already been painted gloss black. I'm getting a Maltese Cross painted on both sides of the tank (have Maltese Cross mirrors & shift linkage). The cross will be in a charcoal grey or something that is kind of subdued, then will have ghost flames trailing from the cross. Hoping to have that part done by mid-summer. Then I only have to change the seat & leather tank strap to have totally moved away from the anniversary stuff. I've saved all of the old parts all the way down to factory pegs, exhaust, air cleaner, etc. just in case it's ever needed later on. I'll post more pics as progress improves.

As for the handlebars, I may have found an answer. It seems Wild 1 Chubby's makes an adapter sleeve that will let me wrap around stepped down bars to fit my 1.25" risers. Hoping this will take care of the issue with no slippage.

Howdy folks. I've been a member on here since around 2008 but haven't posted in quite a while. I've got an '08 Dyna Wide Glide that I'm doing a makeover on. Trying to get away from the "Anniversary" stuff and make it my own.

My problem is that I can't find handlebars for it. The stock bars are 1.25", non-stepped, 12" mini ape hangers. I'm looking to go to 14" ape hangers and all braided cables. The issue is that I have only been able to find a couple of handlebar mfg's that make a 14" x 1.25" non-stepped bar (Carlini, & LA Choppers), but they are NOT knurled. A buddy of mine has a set of 16" LA Chopper bars on his '07 Wide Glide and he's tried everything to get them to not slip, with no luck.

Are there any sponsors on this site, or perhaps another vendor one of you may know of, that makes 14" x 1.25" knurled ape hangers? I know I 'could' change the risers to accommodate 14" x 1.25" bars that step down to 1" at the risers but I would prefer to stay with the beefier looking risers. Any help is appreciated!

Here's a pic of what it looks like so far:
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b254/TLKurtz/WideGlide/FXDWG-020.jpg

Wild 1, Inc. - Chubbys, 1-1/4 accessories have you tried here?

Back